Super excited that The Man wants to play dress up with me, I started right away on a pair of breeches. For inspiration I found these, which were originally made from buckskin. I love the how the fall front comes from the side seam, the decorative stitching, and overall esthetics of the front fall shaping.
I made up the pattern and had to wait 6 weeks for the hubby to be back home. He agreed to let me take pictures of him, under the orders that I chopped him off at the waist. Mission accomplished! The overall design in almost perfect. I a few alterations to make. Mainly they are too big, too long, and the seat needs more fabric to allow for more movement in the legs now that I have them pinned tighter.
|I pinned one leg on the inseam and you can see that the one side is wrinkling on his upper thigh near the junk. I like the hang of the leg that is not pinned.|
|Gonna have to shorten them|
|He was pretty concerned with what i was writing on his bum....Alteration notations of course! Like I would do anything otherwise, (wink, wink)|
Overall I think they worked out pretty good for the first muslin. I have a few changes, but nothing major. After I make a basic version for his first set of clothes, I plan to make a pair out of a nice soft chamois leather. I'm so excited to be finally moving forward on his clothing, but not before I fix a few zippers, a grad dress and a bridesmaids dress, which are all due next week.