Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tick tick off the list...

It feels like I have so much work to do before July happens....I started making a list and sorta got over whelmed....

Oh My....

3 boys shirts  2 boys shirts
3 boys breeches
1 baby bonnet
1 baby gown, *1/2 done
1 baby chemise
1 chemise
1 set of stays, * 2/3 done
1 robe a l'anglais
1 round gown
3 boys waistcoats
1 petticoat
2 bedgowns
1 neckerchief, *2/3 done
1 grad dress
2 bridesmaids dresses, *pattern drafted
various zippers and alterations along the way

In two months.....Well I have till the middle of July for the Bridesmaids dresses.

Am I gonna rock it and get it all done?!?!??


I hope so...Its not like its alot of things to sew.....really!  Plus take care of kids and probably teach a few classes, *fingers crossed.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG......bring on the crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post some pics soon, although shifts and shirts aren't exactly the funnest thing to sew.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Hat of Prettyness

I finally finished it....the Hat of Prettyness..... I love it!  I made it to match the polonaise, using some of the leftover peachy pink linen for the hat bag.   Now I have something to wear while strolling along the lane in the bright sun.  I hope to find some more feathers, maybe an ostrich feather or two. 

I found the straw hat at Micheals.  It was a basic farmer hat and I cut the top off and reshaped it by soaking it in water and pinning and weighing it down with cans to get the shape I wanted.  I used cotton lace around the brim, which I tea stained so it was off white.  The puffs I made from a strip of silk gauze I had.  The flowers, feathers, and bird are dollar store finds (I also used them in my hair here)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy Busy Busy....

Honestly I'm still here!  I've been super busy during the past few weeks.  First the hubby was home, and then he left and we all got sick.  I finally feel back to normal after 7 days and I have been busy.  I draped and draped and draped the Poiret coat, did a mock up of a new corset pattern, and have been working away at Sam's 1780's stays.  I almost have one half of them done.  I just finished binding around the tabs with some faux suede I found years ago.

This was a quick shot while I was back in the sewing room cutting out more binding.  I found a wonderful tutorial on binding the edges of stays Here done by Cathy Hay from Your Wardrobe Unlock'd.  Its gotta be the best tutorial I've seen.  I've also found that binding the tabs without the boning in the channels makes the job a little bit easier as you can bend the stays around and crumple them with your hands as you work.