Friday, February 11, 2011

Casaquin Toile

This was my inspiration jacket.  Its a gorgeous Pet en L'Air.  It's pink, the fabric is fantastic, the bows, the ruffles.  It's super girly and I love it!  It also has a very interesting back.  Most Pets have a 4 large box pleats, 2 on top of each other, where as this one has tiny knife pleats.  Of course I'm a sucker for being different.  lol

I left off with pics of fitting the pattern with no SA (seam allowances) on Mrs. S and making the minor alterations and then making the pattern ready for a toile.

I cut everything out and VOILA....

My Casaquin.

You can see the thin piece on the front panel.  I had to do that in order to fit the pattern piece onto the existing jacket piece.  It will be covered by trim after so nobody will see.  And besides piecing is accurate right!?!?!  lol

The sleeve is hanging perfectly for an 18th century version.  If it was a modern jacket the sleeve is tilted to far forward.  The only adjustment I made to the sleeve was to take out a few cm from the sleeve head as it had too much ease and it wasn't fitting smoothly

I amaze myself sometimes!  LOL.  The fit is perfect and I have so much range of motion.  I'll definitely be able to run after kids and wrestle them down in it.  To be honest tho, I never have had much luck fitting myself and so have always been unhappy with the garments I've made for me.  I can fit and sew ball gowns and wedding dresses perfectly for other people, just not when it comes to myself.....UGH.  But I think I'm gonna be ecstatic when this one is done.  Yippee for me!

Stay tuned....=D


  1. Wow! It's gorgeous and fits you so well! Beautiful work :)

  2. WOW! Love this! The toile looks flipping fantastic. Can't wait to see the final!

    (love, American Duchess AKA Lauren - my google account doesn't like to my blog for some reason)