Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Busy Busy Busy...the life of Super MOM

WOW!!!

So these past couple of weeks have been crazy hectic busy! I feel like I haven't been able to relax at all.

I'm very excited to announce that I will have some of my paintings in an art show at MacDonald Island for the Winter PLAY festival February 26th to 28th! YAH!!!! Now the hard part starts...I have to construct easels to display my work as there is no hanging system in place yet and there may not be by the time the show opens. Mmmmm, Maybe I'll get the hubby to make those. I'll have to post pictures of the show for all you wonderful followers.

I have been cooking up a storm too. I tried this new recipe from my ALL time FAVORITE recipe website of all time.... http://www.allrecipes.com/

This is my version of the recipe


Hunan Kung Pao

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
4 tsp soy sauce
4 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp cornstarch

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let the chicken marinate for 20 minutes.

vegitable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced

16 dried red chili peppers
1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 green bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, cut into pieces
1/8 c soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/8 c water or chicken broth
3 tsp white sugar
1 pkg chowmein noodles


In a large sauce pan on medium, heat oil and stirfry the chicken until no longer pink. Remove from the pan and drain off any liquid.

In the same pan heat some more oil and stirfry the vegitables till tender crisp. Add the chicken back in and then add the wet stuff cook until the sauce cooks down a little bit.

Meanwhile cook the noodles as per package directions. Serve the meat mixture over top of noodles and garnish with roasted peanuts, sliced scallions, and a dash of sesame oil (optional)
I hope you enjoy...because I sure did...I couldn't stop eating it as it tastes awesome cold later that night and for breakfast the next morning! LOL
If you want split the meat and vegitables in half and do one with the chili peppers and one without. That's what I did since the kids don't like spicy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment