Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

So Uninspired...

So here I am ALL SUPER ESSITED to start a blog about my fashion and cooking and anything else creative that I do....and what happens? I crash before I even take off! I sit here thinking about what I wanna write about and I continue to sit and think until I get so dejected that I'm on the verge of giving up. Damn I hate it when that happens! Motivation IS such a Killer in my life as is my many and numerous mood swings. I can be all pumped about an idea that flies into my head from god knows where and just as quikly it's gone and I'm moved onto another one. Which I guess why I love fashion and creating and cooking so much....It's so versatile and free flowing. Unless you're blocked and then it sucks! Big time!

I'm wanting to work at getting unblocked but at the same time I think I'm going about it all wrong....I just need to relax and let the inspiration flow....which as a mom of 4 crazy boys under the age of 7 is pretty is pretty hard to do most days.

Oh well...It'll come, I just need to unfurl my blocked energy and let it flow.

But I think I will leave you with one of my favorite recipes. So that at least you might be inspired to have a bit of creativity tonight.....ENJOY!

Minestrone Soup

4 cups Vegitable or Chicken stock
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 large potato cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1/4 head of cabbage, chopped
2 tbsp italian seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can or corn kernels, or 1 1/2 fresh corn
1 zucchini, cubed
1 cup orzo or elbow pasta
salt and pepper to taste
1 package of honey garlic brats

Directions

1. Cut brats lengthwise and then into chunks, brown in a large soup pot.
2. Combine stock, potato, celery, onion, carrots, it alian seasoning, and cabbage and bring to a boil.
3. stir in the beans, corn, zucchini, and pasta and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegitables are tender and the pasta is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.

Photo by: Traci's Kitchen http://allrecipes.com/Cook/10395721/Profile.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment